Chris Voss - Never Split The Difference
Chris Voss - "Never Split The Difference"
Chris Voss is the former lead international kidnapping and hostage negotiator for the FBI. His vast career has had many incredible highlights and achievements. Besides a 24-year career with the FBI, Chris was a member of the New York City Joint Terrorist Task Force for 14 years and has negotiated some of the most high-profile kidnappings, bank robberies, and terrorism cases of our generation.
After working on more than 150 international hostage cases, he retired from the FBI in 2007 and founded The Black Swan Group.
Most of our listeners and subscribers would know Chris, as the author of the best-selling book; Never Split the Difference which takes you inside the world of high-stakes negotiations, revealing the skills that helped Chris and his colleagues succeed where it mattered most: saving lives. As the book also points out; "Life is a series of negotiations you should be prepared for: Never Split the Difference gives you the competitive edge in any discussion or negotiation."
Chris is also a regular commentator on CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. He has also been featured in Forbes, The New York Times, Inc. Magazine, Variety and Time.
In 2019, he created and narrated a Masterclass, The Art of Negotiation.
The Topics We Discussed:
- How Chris Got Involved With The FBI
- The One Case That Haunts Chris To This Day
- What Do Failures Teach You?
- Was Chris Surprised By The Success Of 'Never Split The Difference'?
- The First Lesson For Entrepreneurs
- What Chris Has Learned About Negotiating Since Writing 'NSTD'
- What Is Procurement Negotiation?
- Be Aware Of Fake Opportunities
- Everyone Is In 7-10 Negotiations A Day
- The Most Dangerous Negotiation Is The One You Don't Know You're In
- How To Get Better Treatment At Starbucks
- You're Negotiating Sooner Than You Think
- There Are 3 Types Of Negotiators
- Breaking Down The 3 Different Types Of Negotiators
- The Importance Of Adapting In The Moment
- How To Compliment Your Strengths
- Accelerating A Negotiation
- The Most Effective Way To Diffuse An Angry Negotiation
- Why People Are 31% Smarter In A Positive Frame Of Mind
- The Hardwire Overdrive That Puts People In A Positive Frame Of Mind
- The Importance Of 'Unique Selling Propositions'
- The Importance Of First Impressions
- The One Hack That Will Give You 20% Of Your Day Back
- The Meaning Of 'Vision Drives Decision'
- How To Work Less And Be Happier
- How To Email Like You're Playing Chess
- What Valuable Negotiation Tactics Do Sales Professionals In A Post-Pandemic World?
- Negotiating With Donald Trump
Subscribe & Review To The RUN GPG Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the RUN GPG Podcast! Please leave us a review on iTunes. This will help us continue delivering beneficial content for you and our listeners each week!
#Career #Entrepreneur #CHRIS VOSS