Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"
Charles Stewart, better known as ‘Chali 2na’ and one of the founding members of Jurassic 5, has cemented his place in Hip Hop history as one of the most recognizable voices in the genre. Known for his “bass-baritone” sound and “quick delivery style.” He has worked on some of the most iconic albums, EP’s, and collaborations in rap and hip hop, with not only Jurassic 5, but also as a solo artist working with such groups Lincoln Park, Roots Manuva, Black Eyed Peas, Mos Def, Blackalicious, and many more over his very long career in Hip-Hop.
We are excited to share this episode with you as we talk about his iconic career, the current state of Hip Hop, advice for young artists and entrepreneurs, as well some interesting career highlights.
The Topics We Discussed:
- What Fuels His Art & Music
- His Introduction to Hip-Hop
- Where Did The Name "Chali 2na" Come From?
- The Epiphany That Started His Rap Career
- How We Came Up With The Name 'Jurassic 5'
- What Made Jurassic 5 Successful From The Beginning?
- What Happened To Jurassic 5?
- The Creative Process
- How He Gets Rid Of 'Writer's Block'
- Graff Time / Lessons For Entrepreneurs
- Working With George Clinton
- The Night Prince Came To A Jurassic 5 Show
- His Sing Along With Michael Jackson
- My Most Embarrassing Moment On Stage
- The Biggest Reason For His Longevity In Hip-Hop
- His Advice For Young Hip-Hop Artists
- The Conversation With Mos Def That Gave Him Perspective